HockeyKnight on Twitch

Monday, July 29, 2002

Last Skate @ Penn State?

I took my last skate on the ice Saturday. *sniff, sniff* Since I will be moving away from State College, PA soon, I will not have access to a rink as much as I enjoyed going to Penn State's hockey rink. There, it serves like a sanctum to my troubled life sometimes allowing time to escape. Skating is like a gracefull act that starts fluid series of movements and perhaps be the only real way to travel! For those that actually have laced it up and enjoy the sport know what I'm talking about.

The last 10 minutes or so, I had all to myself. I skated as hard and as fast as my burned out legs could take me. So, when I couldn't go anymore.. I gave it one last lap for good measure. That's how much I enjoy skating - kinda says it all really. I wish I played hockey when I was younger or that I chose it over football in High School. I would have had so much fun. I've been skating for over a year now. Hopefully, I can find a rink close by my parents and maybe drive out to Greensberg, PA and skate at Kirk Nevin Arena. I heard of a few other rinks in Pittsburgh, but right now I don't know how to get to them.

No comments: