HockeyKnight on Twitch

Monday, March 03, 2003

NHL 2night Lends Stanley Cup Prediction

While flipping through the channels & getting my weekly Monday Night "Stratusfaction". I watched a little bit of the NY Rangers and NY Islanders game. During the intermission, the ESPN Commentators John Buccigross and Barry Melrose gave their picks for the Stanley Cup Finals.

  • Barry: New Jersey and Dallas

  • John: Toronto and Detroit

I would like to agree with fellow Pittsburgh fan Buccigross be right, but Barry knows the teams better. Since I hope Pittsburgh overachieves and sneaks into the playoffs I'd natually pick them for the finals. Realistically, I'd want the two other favorite teams to root for to get to the playoffs. I have a growing respect for the history and tradition for the Toronto Maple Leafs. They have a realistic chance of making it in the Stanley Cup finals representing the Eastern Conference. The team that surprised the leage in the Western Conference is the team currently sitting in 6th place. The Minnesota Wild should surprise somebody and play spoilers in the playoffs like the San Jose Sharks a few years ago.

  • Mike: Ottawa and Vancouver

No comments: