HockeyKnight on Twitch

Saturday, March 22, 2003

WCHL Hits Closer To Home

Since I had been early to work, I chose to go to the QWK Rock studio next door and talk to the young lady working Saturday mornings.

She had on this long sleve red t-shirt on. I noticed that there was a little logo on it that looked like the state of Idaho. The blond female D.J. told me that she was originally from there and it was an Idaho Steelheads t-shirt. She told me that is where she was originally from.

I researched the franchise after I told her that I wasn't that familiar with the team. The Steelheads are an WCHL minor league team that plays other west coast teams. The WCHL is comprised of several teams in cities like Las Vegas, Fresno, San Diego, Bakersfield, Long Beach and Ankorage. Idaho is in first place in the WCHL with 100 pts after 65 games played.

Go Idaho!

No comments: