HockeyKnight on Twitch

Sunday, June 15, 2003

Skating to Evanescence and Finding Hockey Mask

Today, I laced up my CCM's and hit the rink as Penn State's favorite rink rat and skated the public session at the Penn State Ice Pavilion from 1 to 3 PM. It felt great to get back on the ice after a long month's layoff! I had a wide open rink to myself through most of the first hour, then at 1:55 the PA system played "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence and "Fighter" by Christina Aguilera. That helped propel me even faster around the rink as I pushed myself to skate harder and faster. The great news is that I can skate backwards better!

Then I went to the local mall and found a Franklin SX Pro Extreme In-line Hockey Goalie's Mask reduced from a lot of money to very very affordable money! It was probably last years model. It's a black mask with a skull of a fanged creature of some sort. It looks pretty fearsome. I have an idea that if I am not satisfied with the look, I just may take the helmet to a air brush place and get something really interesting on it! Like a Trish Stratus tribute!

No comments: