HockeyKnight on Twitch

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Team Canada rounds out roster with surprise pick

I guess I'm a little behind on my blog, but oh well... here's more news going on with the World Championships. With additional help from my new friend "the Kanata princess", I've learned that the Team Canada squad is complete now the final spot has been taken with an "off the boards" type selection.

Apparently, Team Canada was throwing around the names of Spezza, Horcoff, and the still controversial Bertuzzi. This time though, Canada fills the spot with Nashville Predators' Scott Walker.

It's an interesting selection opting to go for a penalty killer type player instead of one that people pay to see. (or at least used to). Walker would be a great compliment to some of the forwards they already have on the team.

Look for my World Championships predictions and comments as the tournament in Austria gets closer!

[Via TSN & CBC Sports]

No comments: