HockeyKnight on Twitch

Friday, March 25, 2016

Frozen Four Pick Em 2016

I recently read that the odds of picking a perfect bracket in the other sport is the virtually impossible one in 9.2 Quintilian. I would like to re-introduce you to the nation-wide phenomenon of prognosticating the tournament winners in this year's Frozen Four tournament aka the NCAA Division 1 Ice Hockey Championships.

Confessions of a Hockey Fanatic Official Bracket for 2016

Above is the bracket that I carefully picked based upon the college hockey that I've been steadily increasing in watching now that the major 24/7 sports cable networks have been airing them. Of course, I'm a little disappointed to see my alma mater not on that bracket just yet. But I'm still giving them time to grow the program and develop some cache credibility.

But based upon the actual teams listed on this tournament, I feel that it's a real exciting opening first round as many of these schools have been visited the last four remaining in prior championship runs.

The biggest first round game standing out has to be the Notre Dame and Michigan game. With the recent news that Notre Dame will be joining the Big Ten (B10) next season, this is a measuring stick for Notre Dame against one of the biggest teams in college hockey and will be facing them on a regular basis. Michigan has clearly benefited from the area willing to make a big spectacle. They've been playing outdoor games and I'm sure a lot of the top quality kids who want to play NCAA level want to play in Michigan just for that experience alone.

I'm giving the more dominant Michigan Wolverines the benefit of the doubt to take their dominate Big 10 (B10) run and take care of the Hockey East conference teams.

Tampa Bay will return to be the host city of the NCAA Frozen Four since they last hosted it in 2012.

No comments: