HockeyKnight on Twitch

Saturday, November 02, 2002

Hockey Interview on WRSC | WBLF Radio


I got another amazing opportunity in the hockey world.

Working on another assignment for WRSC/WBLF, I went over to the PSU Ice Rink for the PSU vs. Towson game. I recognized the head coach of the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins, Glen Patrick in attendance. Knowing the Patrick family as friendly and approachable, I politely made conversation with him and introduced myself as a radio broadcaster. I asked Glen if he would go on the air for an interview after the game. I had already run into his brother Craig at the icers games - Craig being the GM of the Penguins.

My friend Dan was really impressed as I talked at length with Coach Patrick about the Penguins franchise, it's players, and talking about recruiting from the college ranks. Yes, I did get a recording of it and hopefuly use the experience in my career as a broadcaster again someday soon.

No comments: