HockeyKnight on Twitch

Thursday, March 06, 2003

Leafs Trade Prospects for Owen Nolan

After returning to State College from a brief vacation to see my brother perform as The Near Professionals, I checked my email & the news around the NHL world.

I was surprised to see that the San Jose Sharks had traded Owen Nolan to the Toronto Maple Leafs. In return, they got Alyn McCauley and Erie Otters standout Brad Boyes.

The trade looks great to the Maple Leafs who are looking to a strong push towards the playoffs. Their offence was lagging a little and looked for a way to boost a quiet Mats Sundin. I was really impressed with Brad Boyes having seen him play in Erie for major Junior OHL hockey. He looked to be a great prospect. Both new S.J. Sharks Boyes and McCauley have both been rumored to be offered to the Penguins for Alexei Kovalev.

The trading deadline for the National Hockey League is March 11th.

No comments: