HockeyKnight on Twitch

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Dreaming of Hockey

I got up this morning with a feeling of "whoa, what just happened", as the dreams that I had last night were still fresh in my mind.

I could remember the first part, I was high up in a generic arena seats, perhaps even looking down from the broadcast section. I was at a hockey game. Interestingly enough, neither team was my hometown favorite. I understood later that I was at a Buffalo vs. Washington game. I remember being asked by some unidentified man about which team I was rooting for. "Washington, I guess, because I know somebody who works with them," I replied. The game's action was fairly decent, but later I would get a first hand look.

The second part to the dream included me on the ice, in full uniform, ready to line up for the face off. It wasn't the same game, but I remember feeling like I was wearing the red logo of the Carolina Hurricanes.
In typical fashion, I could remember skating well, but when it came time for me to take the pass for a shot at the net, my stick was out of position. The other team went the other way with the puck and scored. Again, I pretended to know what I was doing and lined up wherever for the next face off. Again, I kept up with the play, but the pass to me went wide. The other team scored again.
I remember skating off the ice with my head low. Unfortunately, the first line took the ice disappointed as I left already at a -2.

It's not the first time that things haven't quite worked out the way I wanted them to in my dreams. I wrote about another dream here where I didn't quite fit in.

Oh well, I'm sure that Sigmund Freud would have a field day trying to analyze those dreams.

No comments: