HockeyKnight on Twitch

Thursday, July 28, 2005

It was a Goodenow Time to Resign

When I saw the final press conference detailing the actual CBA agreement, I watched NHLPA Executive Bob Goodenow's personality and demeanor. He seemed nothing like the demonization that the media had labeled him with during the lockout duration. He was calm, articulate, and had no horns coming out of his receding hairline. He also made no comments about stepping down.

Today, however, it's a different story. Goodenow wasn't dragged out kicking and screaming. If screaming did occur, it was done behind closed doors.
There was always going to be a transition, Goodenow told a news conference. He just "accelerated" the process.
Apparently, Mr. Goodenow saw the writing on the wall.

I am choosing to take the high road and wish Mr. Goodenow the best of luck with whatever endeavors he chooses to pursue.
"I have no plans for anything right now. I'm going to take a few months off and think about what I might want to do in the future. I really haven't given it any thought."
Ted Saskin, considered the second in command in the NHLPA has been handed the reigns to a really angry group of NHL players. Seems to me, the first thing on the "to do" list is to run a campaign to try and earn some sort of PR campaign to earn respect for the players union. The image of a union that took the blame for being stubborn and holding up an entire season needs to grow out of the "whinny millionaire" stereotype.

Bye, Bob! I can't say that it's been fun, but it's been one wild ride!

[Via: TSN.ca]

No comments: