HockeyKnight on Twitch

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

While You Were Sleeping... NHL Ends Lockout

Even after I was a little discouraged that the preliminary reports [on the Yahoo! News NHL front page website] said that no deal had been reached even after the NHL and NHLPA had met into the wee hours of the Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I had feared that it was certainly possible that the NHL was certainly stupid enough to let this prime opportunity go by. No sports highlights from the other major sporting leagues to get in the way on July 13th.

It was rumored and speculated by just about every pundit that the NHL will announce the end of the lockout when no major league sports were played. I checked my email after dinner today, sure enough, I was given two two official emails from the Maple Leafs and Penguins when the NHL made the official announcement that they have agreed to a new 6 year deal that includes a salary cap. Only thing left is to have the lawyers look it over and for everyone to ratify the deal by signing it.

Personally, I feel like it's been waking up from a year long nightmare (301 Days). I want to go immediately, run out into the street do a little parade while banging my pots and pans. But then nobody would know what I was doing and ship me off into a mental hospital.

NHL-CBA News

No comments: