HockeyKnight on Twitch

Monday, December 19, 2005

Coaching the Devils is Hazardous to Health

Somebody get Robinson some aspirin.

Feeling the heat or perhaps Lou Lamoriello's breath on his neck, Coach Larry Robinson has resigned as head coach of the New Jersey citing migrane and sinus headaches due to the stress of an underachiving and overcapped hockey club.
The 54-year-old Robinson missed two games this month with flu and sinus problems. He said he continued to have what he called "horrible headaches" and recently underwent tests, including a CAT scan.
Coach Robinson took over as coach when Coach Burns had to step down do to complications of cancer treatments.
On Monday, he said: "This is not malicious. Maybe it's selfish on my part. I still think I can coach, I just think that at this stage of my life ... nothing is worth being sick over."


[Via: TSN.ca]

No comments: