HockeyKnight on Twitch

Monday, April 17, 2006

Fantasy Hockey Blogger Challenge

I would just like to congratulate hoopsjunkie as the champion for this year's fantasy hockey as provided to us all by Yahoo! Fantasy Sports. He captured a lot of good goaltending early on vultured from the free agent pool, plus he had Heatly and Demitra to prop up his stats.

In second place was James Mirtle, a good blogger with actual press credentials. (Can anybody say "inside information"?) He had a few players that launched him to the top of the list with Williams and Stillman.

You would think that I had a great chance at the top hockey blogger team with Daniel Alfredsson, Sid Crosby, and Marian Gaborik. My goaltending was weak having 2 second stringers and I think that is what held me behind. Since I've had plenty of experience owning leagues and participating in Yahoo! Fantasy hockey, I was able to secure a lot of my favorite players. But, I live and die by the sword.

If we do this again next year, I'll be sure to be one of the first persons in line to sign up.

No comments: