HockeyKnight on Twitch

Monday, April 09, 2007

Blogger Fantasy Hockey Challenge 2006-07 Final Results

The regular season in the National Hockey League is over and the results of the player pools and fantasy leagues are being tabulated. So, here is my assessment of the 2006-07 season.

Congratulations to caniac26's Battalion for winning the Hockey Fanatic Blogger Fantasy Invitational Challenge. She loaded up with star players who found themselves in the hunt for the Art Ross NHL scoring title. And when those players score, her team accumulated points. I really don't know what to award her with other than my thanks and appreciation for playing. Perhaps, this can be a small condolence to the season that found her Hurricanes unable to defend their championship from last season.

Also, I would like to congratulate the Wild Puck Banter who also loaded up with the high scorers and most of the Penguins who scored big.

I on the other hand was not so lucky. I wound up dead last. In my own league I was last! I am not losing any sleep over it as at least there will be no accusations of fixing or any personal agendas. Plus, I had let my team go after I had suspected that despite having a decent team, my scores never put me out of the bottom. Could all my adjustments day-to-day cost me in points? I am going to investigate further about my poor showing in hopes to make a big improvement for years to come.

Thank you to all who played and you can see the final results in the photo to the upper right.

No comments: