HockeyKnight on Twitch

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome to 2008

The new year is here. It is time to flip over the calender wondering where the heck 2007 went. Last year at this time, I made some resolutions against my notions that a resolutions column or blog post is so incredibly hack! I would like to believe that I was able to hold on to some of them throughout the year, leaving a few others broken when motivation wained.
    What I Learned in 2007
  • The more things change, the more they stay the same.
  • Hockey coverage in Canadian media is far superior than their U.S. counterparts.
  • Crosby has thus far exceeded all expectations.
  • The Erie Otters have the best designed alternate jersey in hockey today.
  • Despite surviving a great trial by the recent NHL lockout, more challenges still lie ahead which a fresh new prospective desperately needed if hockey is going to survive in the 21st century.
  • Franchise relocation sucks on every level.
  • Blogging for charity marathons isn't as easy as it looks. It takes a real motivation and focus to stay alert for 24 hours.
  • Pittsburgh Penguins fans are the best hockey fans simply because of how they mobilized to keep their team where it belongs.
  • Reebok money can suppress all negative feedback.
  • Hockey is still far and above the greatest game in the world compared to other professional leagues that are having difficulty with players' behavioral problems.

    Resolutions 2008
  1. I resolve to not do anything for free anymore. I get plenty of requests for links and have chosen not to follow up on them because my links list would be longer than it should be. Please contact me if you wish yo advertise on my page. I have a Paypal account to which you can purchase a year's placement.
  2. I resolve to continue my series of fun blog posts as they are still original content on the cutting edge of hockey blogging. Also, I will make more audio and video blogs as they grew my notoriety in 2007.
  3. I resolve to maintain a professional regimen and strive for blogger respectability within the hockey world as an alternative source to news and opinions and editorials.
  4. I resolve to make another attempt at holding myself to writing goals which I made last year.
  5. I resolve to dust off that old WIP draft and get closer to publishing a book
  6. I resolve to push my charity work a little more reminding fans and others about the need for money for research as well as coverage on hockey related charity events.
Thanks for making my 5th year in blogging a tremendous success as it grows again in the next year.

No comments: