HockeyKnight on Twitch

Thursday, May 08, 2008

2008 Stanley Cup Playoff Predictions - Round 3

Okay, So I screwed up on Round 2 when posting my predictions. I got the matchups wrong. I wrote it in a hurry in a wifi-cafe when they were about to close. I went 1 for 4 on the last prediction section. Oops. Well, I have a 50-50 chance this round.


Western Conference

Detroit v. Dallas

Dallas really surprised me to have lasted this long. The second line with Richards is the real key to their success. Now, they have 2 scoring lines with the strength of their goalie. Detroit is just a great team who figured out how to scare off the ageism with Franzen and Datsuk. Do they have enough goaltending? Who will be in the pipes for next year? The team comparison is a tie, but the Detroit coaching is what settles it. (I am still hoping for Dallas)
Prediction: Detroit in 7

Eastern Conference


Pittsburgh v. Philadelphia
I am so pumped for this series. The Pens and Flyers are a great rivalry. Even though the Flyers won the season series this past year, the Pens have a new look and did not have Crosby in their line-up. Look for the Penguins to hyper charge it up, take the crowd's energy, and play like they are hungry for the Cup. The Flyers have to play physical and make the Penguins fold like the Canadiens did. That is their only hope.
Prediction: Pittsburgh in 5

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you underestimate Ozzie, who has been very sharp all year, and very sharp during the playoffs.

And great playoff history. Career playoff save percentage around .920 and current playoff percentage of .938.

As for the goaltender of the future, it appears Wings have given up on Jimmy Howard and will pursue Ryan Miller.

Hockey_Fan_88 said...

Are you kidding! Detroit in 7? Are you on some type of medication or something. Detroit has four unstoppable lines and THE WIZARD OF OZ IS UNDEFEATED IN POSTSEASON PLAY. Turco hasnt won a game in Detroit since college when he played for Michigan Wolverines. Detroit will win this series in five, one win for dallas at their house in game 4.
As for the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia series i will agree with you that Pittsburgh will win in five, but Pittsburgh will lose the second game.
Stanley Cup winner: Detroit Red Wings and it will be by blow out scores, at least two or more goals. and Ozzy will shut out the Dallas Stars once and the Pens twice.

Unknown said...

Yes I agree with your prdictions, but I think Dallas will be lucky to win a game. They are done and running on empty after their tough series with San Jose. I believe the pens will go through as well, but I am thinking maybe 6 games.
Sincerely Walt Webb
http://allsportsontheweb.com
http://thesportingnews-walt.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Good calls so far, although I would have taken Detroit in 6.

I'll take them in 5 over the Pens in the finals as well, haha :)