Thursday, May 08, 2008

2008 Stanley Cup Playoff Predictions - Round 3

Okay, So I screwed up on Round 2 when posting my predictions. I got the matchups wrong. I wrote it in a hurry in a wifi-cafe when they were about to close. I went 1 for 4 on the last prediction section. Oops. Well, I have a 50-50 chance this round.


Western Conference

Detroit v. Dallas

Dallas really surprised me to have lasted this long. The second line with Richards is the real key to their success. Now, they have 2 scoring lines with the strength of their goalie. Detroit is just a great team who figured out how to scare off the ageism with Franzen and Datsuk. Do they have enough goaltending? Who will be in the pipes for next year? The team comparison is a tie, but the Detroit coaching is what settles it. (I am still hoping for Dallas)
Prediction: Detroit in 7

Eastern Conference


Pittsburgh v. Philadelphia
I am so pumped for this series. The Pens and Flyers are a great rivalry. Even though the Flyers won the season series this past year, the Pens have a new look and did not have Crosby in their line-up. Look for the Penguins to hyper charge it up, take the crowd's energy, and play like they are hungry for the Cup. The Flyers have to play physical and make the Penguins fold like the Canadiens did. That is their only hope.
Prediction: Pittsburgh in 5
Post a Comment