HockeyKnight on Twitch

Monday, September 29, 2008

Dedication to a Special Saint 08

One of the more regular features that has still carried on through this blog's history, is the special post that I reserve to briefly cover the two teams I know that share the honorable name of my patron saint.

So, the first season after being relocated to Mississauga was a successful one. They made the OHL Cup playoffs, but their experience was brief. This year, their home opener will be on Oct. 3rd against the previous Hershey Centre occupants and playoff vanquishers the Ice Dogs. Sounds like a rivalry game to me! Despite having three games on the books, they are sitting in good shape at 2-1 in the OHL's central division. I am currently saving money so I can get a replica jersey to add to my collection.

While the OHL Majors have been developing NHL talent, St. Michael's College Purple Knights have been struggling. I would call it struggling, but according to the website
Davidson led the Purple Knights to their most successful season since 1999-00, finishing the year with a 12-14-1 overall record. Their 8-14-1 ECAC East record was their best league mark since joining the conference in 2001-02.
They finished 5-13-1 last year in the ECAC with a -33 goal differential. So, this spring, the men's team announced the hiring of their interim coach to full-time.
The women's team was 8-16-1 and took 3rd place at the ECAC tournament back in March.

Good luck to all three teams this year. I will be rooting for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get the new dish installed next Saturday, just in time for the season's first installment of Hockey Night in Canada! WHOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!!!!