HockeyKnight on Twitch

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Heatley Traded to Sharks

The Dany Heatley vs Ottawa story has ended... for now.
The former 50-goal scorer was traded to the San Jose Sharks, along with a fifth-round pick in 2010 for forwards Jonathan Cheechoo and Milan Michalek and a second-round 2010 pick.
Even though some media pundits understood it was just a matter of time before Heatley was going to be traded, the main hold up was Ottawa being satisfied with the return value. When Heatley becomes troublesome again, will San Jose regret giving up Michalek and Cheechoo? If there was any doubt that Heatley wouldn't continue to open up to the media and provide another gem of insincerity, think again.
"I'm excited obviously, I'm excited to be a Shark," Heatley said. "I want to thank everyone in Ottawa, the organization, the fans, and the city. I had a great four years here (and) I'm happy to move on."
That would be a great example of a "left-handed compliment." Allow me to translate: "Hey, Ottawa, it's been real, but I really am glad I am not in your stinkin city anymore"

Unless these two teams meet in the Stanley Cup finals, the Sharks do not play a regular season game in Ottawa, but is scheduled to play the Senators in San Jose on December 1st.

[Via: Rogers Sportsnet]

No comments: