HockeyKnight on Twitch

Monday, December 28, 2009

Sidney Crosby is Canada's Male Athlete of the Year

Even with the depth of talent that the committee had reportedly chosen from, Sid Crosby was selected as the Canadian Male Athlete of the year for the second time. He previously won it in 2007.
"To be part of that group is always an honour," said Crosby. "I don't think I ever measure myself against anyone a whole lot. Everyone has found their own path and had their own success different ways. If anything, I think I just have a lot of respect for what people before me have done.

"I'm just trying to do a good job myself."
It wasn't too hard to give Crosby a serious consideration for the Award since he was the youngest Captain to hoist the Stanley Cup this year. After that, he was quite a leader in pushing to get the NHLPA out of the embarrassment it was in while also being an ambassador for the NHL and hockey while traveling with the Stanley Cup through his Nova Scotia hometown.

Congratulations to Sid for another award, perhaps it is a sign of more to come from this amazing superstar.

[Via: Toronto Star]

1 comment:

nhl players said...

I am fan Sid but after Ovechkin:). Congrats to Sid