HockeyKnight on Twitch

Monday, June 14, 2010

Hershey Bears Win Calder Cup as AHL 2010 Champions

The Hershey Bears have won the AHL championship and earned the right to hoist the Calder Cup trophy over their heads for yet another season. As the NHL fans have soon learned and adapted to the truism that it is extremely difficult to win back to back championships, the Hershey Bears should indeed be given their just due in securing their second Calder Cup in a row.

I didn't get to watch the game, but I did hear a lot of it on satellite radio while commuting in my car. I guess I will have to be satisfied to watching the highlights at the Hershey Bears YouTube channel. I am sorry that I am not able to give you very much reaction to the quality of the game or the series in greater detail.

Hershey dominated the last game of the year by outscoring the new Texas Stars team 4-0.

[Via: Washington Post]

No comments: