HockeyKnight on Twitch

Monday, June 30, 2003

Trade Rumors on Broadway

My friend Jim would be interested in this story...

NHL.com says that the NY Rangers and the Edmonton Oilers have come to an agreement to send the rights of aging veteran defenceman Brian Leetch up north for backup goalie Jussi Markkannen.

On the surface, it looks like a good deal, but if you think about it, it doesn't make sense for NY. The Rangers let go one of their leaders for another goaltender when they already have a platoon of goaltenders to start with. Blackburn, Richter, and Dunham have all been established as the #1 guy. Plus, this doesn't mean that Leetch will even put on a Oilers jersey, he has to sign a free agent contract first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michael, I just wanted to let you know that I have sadly had to delete my blog. Sigh. Anyway, update your links! I will continue to cruise yourlog though, and will send you the link to my new blog once it's up and running. Thanks for your support over the months and keep up the good work!--Eve