HockeyKnight on Twitch

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Which Wachovia is Which???

For you hockey novices, I hope you don't get confused with some of the names and division lineups.

Wachovia is a financial bank and securities firm. They own Eastern Pennsylvania. They bought up all the First Union naming rights not too long ago

If you see "Baby Pens defeat the Phantoms at Wachovia Arena" would you know which team was home and away?

The Flyers play in Wachovia Center
The Phantoms play in the Wachovia Spectrum
The AHL Penguins play in the Wachovia Arena at Casey Plaza.

Confused yet?

So, I think I've made my disdain for Philadelphia teams and their fans quite clear... but is it wrong if I'm seen in a Philadelphia Phantoms AHL Third Jersey?

I was elated that my Baby Pens have taken it too the Flyers minor league team in what I understand is a very important rivalry. I interviewed Glen Patrick a couple years back on the radio and he addressed the rivalry situation.

Check out the Calder Cup Official Site Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins Philadelphia Phantoms Websites to keep up on what's going on in the minors.

In other news, the Rochester Americans have swept their series and await Chicago vs. Milwalkee.

No comments: