HockeyKnight on Twitch

Friday, September 17, 2004

Making Connections Abroad!

I've really not had all that much to talk about now that the NHL labor dispute is in full swing, but I guess I can tell you this interesting annecdote.

I am in Chambersburg, PA hoping to get a job working in radio. So my friend Dan invites me to meet with the Sales Manager for the Revolution Media team. His name is Wayne. I was warned he was quite the chatterbox, and well it's true. I was also told that Wayne and I would have a few things in common. We both love hockey!

Wayne told me that he's trying to get some things going with the Johnstown Chiefs ECHL team. Maybe get to do some hockey camps and get compliation tickets. He then goes on to explain that he is good friends and business partners to Alain Lemieux. (He's Mario Lemieux's brother). He told me things about the family and stuff. Cool! I've got another Hockey Insider!

Anyway, he also said that he was working to get the ice rink in Hagarstown, MD on "trade" to where the station members can go skate or play hockey on it whenever.

1 comment:

JM said...

Wasn't Alain working on creating some other lower level league to act as yet another feeder to the Penguins/Wilkes-Barre/Wheeling?

Anywho.... HI! Just bored and hunting down other local hockey nuts.