HockeyKnight on Twitch

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

NHL and Labor Union do the expected

Well.. The NHL season is in real jepardy now!

The NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman held a press conference this morning to announce that the unless a very last minute deal gets signed with the Union, the League will have no choice but to shut down until a "cost certainty" is resolved with the NHLPA.

As it stands now, it looks as if there is no other resolution without locking out the players and canceling the 2004-2005 season.

I expect a lot of the other hockey blogs to start shutting down now, but I promise to be around for as long as I can. That's why I didn't pidgeon hole my commentary to one team or league.

If you want to keep up to date on the latest news and views regarding the minors or international play, then check back regularly with "Confessions of a Hockey Fanatic"!

No comments: