HockeyKnight on Twitch

Friday, March 25, 2005

Fly Like an (BC) Eagle!

The NCAA Frozen Four has started up to determine the NCAA championships.

I watched the Boston College hockey team on my local Fox Sports Net affiliate. Although, I wasn't quite sure I was watching FSN when the announcers were simulcast from the new ESPN U channel with Gary Thorne and Matt Clement.

BC (as they are known as) in the hockey world is in the ranks of the upper echelon of elite college hockey programs in the NCAA. I was impressed at the money the university poured into the program. Their maroon and gold uniforms were professionally styled to every detail including their starting goaltender's mask. Corey Schneider held strong and looked good as a future NHL goaltender. He was mentioned as Vancouver Canucks first round pick.

BC is the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament. So, they had to face Mercyhurst University a small school located just up the road from me in Erie, PA. Mercyhurst's goaltender even had The Hulk as his mask art since the teams colors are green. It was a tough call, as I knew Ben Eaves, a Penguins draft pick, came from this program.

The BC Eagles did their very best to hold on at the final few minutes to win the game 5-4.

1 comment:

greatwhitebear said...

My Wolverines looked awfully impressive tonight, outshot Wisconsin 34-14. Still think you're gonna see a Cornell/Michigan semifinal, with winner taking the whole thing. Dark horse pick....North Dakota...thier goalie is on an unbelievable playoff streak.