HockeyKnight on Twitch

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

NHL Scoring Race: Early Predictions

(Not Final Results!!!)
If you asked hockey fans who could win the scoring title next season, The Hockey News poll would suggest that the fans think that Ovechkin will repeat and surpass his 50 goal season by adding the scoring title to his name.

The crediblity of The Hockey News may come into question for some, but their experts had picked Crosby to win it all.

Can Joe Thorton repeat from last year and show the fans in San Jose that he can really turn up the offence? Or will Jagr defend his scoring title crown? The biggest surprise of this poll is showing how far the League's 2003-04 Playoff MVP in Brad Richards has fallen off the radar with fans.

2 comments:

Stormbringer said...

I'm a bit surprised that Staal has fallen off the radar here too, especially after he and the Canes' Stanley Cup win. I understand Crosby and Ovechkin beating him...but Jagr and Thornton? Yeah, I know they had awesome point totals last season, but something tells me Staalsy's going to beat them this year.

Anonymous said...

I voted for Kovalchuk. Shows what I know...