HockeyKnight on Twitch

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blogathon 2007

I would like to now announce to the world (yea, on short notice) that the Confessions of a Hockey Fanatic weblog will be blogging for charity.

Click Here to Make a Donation

Yes, I normally do not seek out any attention during any of my philanthropic endeavors, but this time around, I would like to give back and bring a little public attention to these great causes in hopes that others might get inspired by my lead.

My chosen charity this year is going to be the Mario Lemieux Foundation. Please consider contributing to the good cause! Mario and hockey does a lot for cancer charities since this is a hockey blog, I will have to be compelled to endorse many hockey charities.

I will be looking for help from a lot of you fellow hockey bloggers out there. Please either give a little money away or please contribute a thought, comment, or blogging topic idea to me. I helped support some friends do this last year... so... I expect some in return!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can the Derek Boogaard Fighting School be considered worth of a charitable donation? :)

Unknown said...

Completely off topic. . . . .

I've been a Pens fan since 92-93, (the dude that introduced me to the sport was from Pitt). . . and I have A LOT of Pens stuff, some of my prized processions include both Tapes of the 91 and 92 cups. Like other sports tapes you see the typical "road to get there" who and what the faced to obtain Lord Stanley right. . . . . .well iTunes is selling Cups finals. . . .and they have Game 6 in its entirety!

I've never seen this before! As going up in MD, we don't get Pitt stations, nor did I have cable in my area back then.

Its the whole game. . . . I'm ear to ear smiling watching "in real time" the Pens win their first Stanley Cup. Heh, of course I have most of the highlights memorized etc., but seeing it unfold is just beautiful site to be had. Its just a thrill to see a rookie Jagr play on the line as "no.9" Ronnie Francis, and of course to see Mario in his prime. My gosh man, all the names are there playing for the Cup.

Its beautiful.