HockeyKnight on Twitch

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Knights Hockey Begins Again

File this story under "nobody cares but me" category as I have to share a little personal content blogging about my old high school. I was surfing around to get H.S. football results and found an updated article on my Alma Mater's upcoming ice hockey season.

Norwin is riding high on a great finish to last year's run under rookie head coach Denny Zeravica.
"We're still improving. Everybody is getting better with the system. It's still not where I want it to be, but from the beginning of last year to now, we are light-years ahead."
Coach Zeravica is building a program where a preferred system style as some NHL teams use to gain success. I suspect that this will be a great idea when young players in Southwestern PA is still trying to grow at producing young talent. This makes it tough for recruitment programs.

As I wrote about Norwin's hockey program a few seasons ago, but missed out on last years rivalry games, I am pleasantly surprised at the news that the PIHL has created a new divisional section that includes another school that I am very familiar with.
Norwin will be joined in the newly formed Section 3 by Gateway, Hempfield, Penn-Trafford, Plum and State College.
Looking at the schedule, I am excited that Norwin will make the trip up to Penn State to take on the area H.S. and skate on the rink where I spent many hours learning how to skate.

You can be sure that I will have live content from the rivalry games as I plan on making the trip to see the rivalry games. I have a lot of fun things in store for the hockey action this season.

[Via: Norwin Star]

No comments: