HockeyKnight on Twitch

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Player to Watch: Jaroslav Janus

As I report almost-live from Erie, PA, I find that I must put on my "talent scout" hat and call attention to a junior hockey player who I am impressed with.

Jaroslav Janus, "J.J." (6'0" 185lbs.), is the 2nd overall pick in the recent OHL priority draft. He is learning the North American style of hockey since coming over from Presov, Slovakia. Unfortunately, due to the league rules, I was unable to procure any current photos or video to share.

JJ is an excitable goalie who can skate well and play the puck around the net. He is tough in the crease when opposing players crowd him. He has a good instinct to make leg pad saves wile sliding. JJ has the poise to keep the game within reach despite a soft defensive help.

His vision still needs improvements as he has problems with long range shots. He also has a slow reaction time. The game I saw, he showed himself slow to pick himself up off the ice for rebounds.

You can check out his European career statistics at the Erie Otters team site.

[Via: Erie Otters Home Site]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kris LeTang.... *sigh*

I'll be up to collect those beerios sometime this season

:)