HockeyKnight on Twitch

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

COHF joins up with Colby's Army

So, here I am at my favorite hang out, Rivertowne Pub and Grille, and I got the chance to meet with Pittsburgh Penguins forward Colby Armstrong. He was going to be a guest on a local radio sports talk show that afternoon, but sadly, it wasn't mine. I had to guess that it was his first trip into Westmoreland County and my neck of the woods. He had to do the first part of the interview via car phone as he traveled down Rt. 30.

The interview after he arrived was quite interesting. He addressed the self deprecating humor featured in the intentionally bad A&L Motor Sales local commercial spot. It was more outrageous than his last attempt for his quick promo for FSN Pittsburgh.

Then, the host talked more about the success of the Penguins without Crosby and tried to press him about which teams were more of a threat in the Atlantic Conference. As soon as the next commercial break came around, Colby was swarmed by families and little kids forming a line waiting for autographs and pictures.

Since I was not on the job, I was able to also meet and greet Colby and get his autograph. I brought with me a copy of the Pittsburgh Penguins DVD. I wished him luck and told him that we fans were all with him and the team.

No comments: