HockeyKnight on Twitch

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

OHL Otters Alumni Needs Your Help!

I just got word from my connections that a former OHL player needs your help!

Jason Baird, an OHL Erie Otters alumni, is in an Akron, OH burn unit after suffering from a fire resulting in 65% of his body burned. The Erie Otters have now planned to host a benefit to help him this August 19 at 7pm. Other Otter players are planning a meet and greet with fans welcome to attend. All proceeds go to Jason Baird Benefit fund. $10 for adults.

Jason spent the last season with the CHL's Youngstown Steelhounds scoring 13 goals and 23 assists. But his career in the OHL saw him score 87 goals and 131 assists for the Erie Otters from 1997-2001. Caringbridge website has a blog and a guest book to update on Jason's condition. If you are a fan of the OHL or CHL, then seriously consider donating to the cause.

[Via: Erie Otters Website]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so... I have a new blog... and I added you to the blogrool. Just thought I would let ya know! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Good deal, my friend. Way to promote some really good stuff!